Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements

Welcome to Zelda64.net. Announcements can be found below!
As of 3.1.2017, this site seems pretty dead. Or on the brink of dying. So I've decided to try to help it out. Z64 is having its theme reworked to be more modern and professional. I'll try my best to get back into the Zelda modding scene. Hopefully we can get this place back up without the cobwebs (and without looking like a web page from the 1990s). Enjoy the current Zelda64 Dark theme over the next few days while I finish sorting out the rest of it and the Light theme. Thanks for sticking with us. Sylux102 out.
Welcome to Zelda64. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid email address is required. Your email address will NOT be sold as it is only needed to prevent spammers (and admittedly, some still get around this, but this makes it a bit more difficult, plus, if the moderators need to contact you, we have an email on file to do so). Thanks for considering us!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Project: Beta Triforce; Updates, News and Even Ideas are welcomed Here
Topic Started: Jun 12 2014, 10:10 PM (56,550 Views)
Aeroblast43o9
Member Avatar
OOT2D Major Graphics Contributor, Izou Map-Maker, and Founder of Project Beta Triforce
Hello again people!
*Updated 7/17/2017*
Long time no see, if you're reading this. Project Beta Triforce has been dropped....Mostly.

For those who are not aware, at the point of this update I am an upcoming college freshman. I have also decided I wanted to spend most of my free time and artistic creativity someplace else. working on new and less restricting projects. I'm not going to bother outsourcing them here on a Zelda modding website but just search me up on Google and you'll find your way.

However, as promise I am working towards compiling an open source to as much Project Beta Triforce stuff as possible. It is going to take awhile, along with the aforementioned above I have about four computers, a ton of flash drives and a bunch of different storage clouds to search through. I am not only releaseing the modern stuff but I am releasing files from around the time i started way back in 2014.

Another issue is, I wanna make a bunch of documentation as I can so if for what ever reason someone else wanted to pick up any sort of PBT stuff they will know my mindset and direction of where I wanted to go. No set release date atm, and I am sorry for that but priorities you know. :P

however, some time in that same future. I at least wanted to release one thing. I have been considering finishing up the Wind Temple, as that was one of the more unique ones with its puzzles, actully had custom music imported into game and overall my favorite and has the most history. Im not too certain, again under the circumstances but I just wanted everyone to know the reason behind my dispersing. I'll still be around just, working on bigger and better things :)!

Thank you for understanding!- Collin

P.S. I'll make sure to make updates about compelling shiz when I can

P.S.S
If you're curious about what Im doing nowadays just hit up my twitter.
https://twitter.com/AeroArtwork

Posted Image

*Topic Under-Construction*

P.S. For whom who are concerned of the project EVER getting canceled, I am already three steps ahead of that. I have every map, area and info backed up into my flash drive AND to things like Dropbox and One Drive . So if I have to cancel, I will release EVERYTHING to the public.(Maps, Dungeon Info, Idea's, Modes and etc that I have done so far)So it would be the same exact thing I had intended to come out.

Latest Video:

Latest Trailer: Number 5

(Videos and Photos being rearranged and reworked*
Gallery:
Spoiler: click to toggle

Downloads
*being Reworked*
Edited by Aeroblast43o9, Jul 17 2017, 04:35 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Deleted User
Deleted User

That looks pretty damn nice, but I would replace the texture you use for the floor of the bridge, etc. with something else; it looks a bit metallic and out of place in my opinion.

[ spoiler] TEXT/IMAGE [ /spoiler]
Quote Post Goto Top

Aeroblast43o9
Member Avatar
OOT2D Major Graphics Contributor, Izou Map-Maker, and Founder of Project Beta Triforce
MisleadingBanana
Jun 18 2014, 04:44 PM
That looks pretty damn nice, but I would replace the texture you use for the floor of the bridge, etc. with something else; it looks a bit metallic and out of place in my opinion.

[ spoiler] TEXT/IMAGE [ /spoiler]
Thanks for the support and I love crictism and appricate it but unless more people complain about it I,all keep it for now but you may never know I may reconsider. ;)
I full heartily take Help and Ideas. So thank you I appreciate it!

Mich
Member Avatar
Just a Nobody
WOAH this looks amazing!!!!! i love the castle. Youre doing an amazing job! Please keep it up :D

Deleted User
Deleted User

If you need a script writer, then feel free to consider me.
Quote Post Goto Top

z64offline
Member Avatar
Empath mapmaker
Spatially, your collision is pretty accurate, meaning placement, size, height of walls floors in relationships to each other are correct or pretty spot on.

Some of the textures are clashing with one another though.

You may consider re adjusting the sizes for the outside courtyard looking pic to a larger scale for the floor and walls.

The grayish stone trimmings you have on the upper n lower walls need to be adjusted so they don't repeat.

It's showing one and a half repeats. You either want to show no repeats or possible one repeat. Never let your maps show half textures. Unless that is with certain textures but not all textures can let you get away with that.

You can re adjust in sketchup I'm asssuming ur using to place ur textures, by right clicking and clicking the texture u want n click the adjust texture button or something like that

Or keep that texture and place a different sister texture on the main wall itself.

Your options are open if you so choose

Hope that helps

Edited by z64offline, Jun 19 2014, 07:36 AM.

Aeroblast43o9
Member Avatar
z64offline
Jun 19 2014, 07:32 AM
Spatially, your collision is pretty accurate, meaning placement, size, height of walls floors in relationships to each other are correct or pretty spot on.

Some of the textures are clashing with one another though.

You may consider re adjusting the sizes for the outside courtyard looking pic to a larger scale for the floor and walls.

The grayish stone trimmings you have on the upper n lower walls need to be adjusted so they don't repeat.

It's showing one and a half repeats. You either want to show no repeats or possible one repeat. Never let your maps show half textures. Unless that is with certain textures but not all textures can let you get away with that.

You can re adjust in sketchup I'm asssuming ur using to place ur textures, by right clicking and clicking the texture u want n click the adjust texture button or something like that

Or keep that texture and place a different sister texture on the main wall itself.

Your options are open if you so choose

Hope that helps

First off, Thank you for the help full info ' I appreciate it ^^.
Second withe texture clashing I am fully aware and working on it as we speak, keep in mind this project is till in Alpha State to a lot of the problems you see like texture warping(unless its out of my power), blank/dead textures and all that good stuff will be dealt with in time. Heck some of these things you pointed out have already been fixed. The picture of the TOL was tooken maybe 2 or 3 months ago.
The version you in the trailer is about a week and a half old sooooooooo....yea lol
And the size of the map and the model structture I will be keeping through out the whole project.
Thank you though for the advice and I am already on the job of fixing some of these issues.
Keep on following the project ;)

Hello my friends Aeroblast43o9 here bringing you another screenshot for today and a bit of an update on the Deep wood Shrine.
First the image
Posted Image

Remember those yellowish tinted windows that you can see outside the dungeon. Yep those are each a room in the dungeon with there own gimmick. Lacking the small puzzle though.....I'll give you a hint of what this rooms puzzle is.....Think Silver,

Oh also some of you have been asking me why some of link's clothing is translucent. It must be a texture glitch because I have not touched that texture what's so ever. So I'm not certain it'll happen to you on your emulator.

OK so now for the Deepwood Shrine:Now that images are out of the way, today I came across more screenshots of the "DeepWood Shrine" that I've never seen before. Some of these rooms are ones that I thought that I had previously finshed. I was wrong. So map development on the DeepWood Shrine has kinda ran into a stall and I'm forced to redesgin about half of the dugeon. Making devlopoment a little longer.My fault for not doing my homework lol.
But fret not my children. This is not entirely bad. For this will give me a more accurate recreation of the dungeon which will give me more knowledge on how it was played.Making it feel more authentic.
To make up for my dumbness I will be giving you guys an Image of what the dungeon plan was gonna look like
And a preview of what you might see.
(Lacking about 80℅ of the puzzles mind you XD , your not allowed to see all those yet)
There is a key.Also about 80% of this dungeon was drawn in a quick and understandable way. This was orginaly the final model desgin. Not anymore i guess :$.So for example if I needed a wolfos in one spot I just drew a little crappy wolf that was drawn in like 8 seconds. But the maps still readable XD.Enjoy of what could of been (BTW I will release the orginal map tommarow :-) , its a secret everybody, over look just his once....wait ....I just said that to the hole internet...FUUUU-

Posted Image

Sorry I couldn't make it smaller with the time that I had I'll repost later. Sorry :P

Hello once again my people, it is time for another reveal. No I'm not announcein another Temple. I'm stickin to the three.
But for those who have seen both my trailers,you might remember trailer one. You saw me show off the work in progress model for the Wind Temple. Forget that piece of crap model.
I did continue you to edit it off that model. I actrully finished that model. I'll show it off at sometime.
Though the problem was I couldn't get it to load in game.
I kinda moved away from it and worked on other stuff.
Though during that time period I redesigned the dungeon 3 times. When I finished the third redesign, I knew it was the one. I would never be able to top it. I went straight to work on the model.

2 late nights later (Never stay up till 4 am when you have to wake up four hours later)

Posted Image

There is a pathway to it but I got to have pictures for the weekdays don't I lol?
Edited by Aeroblast43o9, Jun 23 2014, 10:23 PM.

Mooliecool
Member Avatar
Aka zazxazza
Seen this on maco, looks pretty cool but why is there 3DS child link?

Link_The_Lefthanded_Swordsman
Member Avatar

Why's links hat transparent

Aeroblast43o9
Member Avatar
Link_The_Lefthanded_Swordsman
Jun 24 2014, 06:12 AM
Why's links hat transparent
I have already stated the matter why links hat is transparent. My emulator does not like the texture for some reason. I would have already installed GLIDE64 but the computer I am making P:BT with was previously owned to someone else.
Even though the computer was referbished, I think it might have gliched my computer.
I can't do some things (Like install Glide 64) because I'm not the Administrator of my computer, but I can still install and work with textures because I am the Administrator lol.
If that made any sense XD.
I Also use Project64 1.6
(When the first Demo comes out I recommend you use Project64 1.6 and or 1.7 for the best results)
Thanks For supporting and keep on watching the topic ;)

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Project Beta Triforce · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: