Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements

Welcome to Zelda64.net. Announcements can be found below!

6.26.2018  Make sure you keep your passwords safe. If you use the same password on here as on other sites, it is highly recommended that you change it. If you can't change your password, and want it changed, let me or other active staff know, and we can force a reset or change it for you. ~PwnzLPs
Welcome to Zelda64. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid email address is required. Your email address will NOT be sold as it is only needed to prevent spammers (and admittedly, some still get around this, but this makes it a bit more difficult, plus, if the moderators need to contact you, we have an email on file to do so). Thanks for considering us!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
OoT 2D's Download Was Taken Down By Nintendo
Topic Started: May 31 2015, 01:13 PM (5,426 Views)
GANONdork123
Member Avatar
Retired Zelda Modding Veteran
I tried to donwload the latest version of OoT 2D only to see Nintendo of America took the download down. I took a screenshot as proof:

Posted Image

Man I wish Nintendo would stop with this crap.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Replies:
Deleted User
Deleted User

BetaMan64
Jul 21 2015, 10:01 AM
I believe I've found a linkedin of the troll. https://www.linkedin.com/in/jasonallen78

If anyone is interested I have saved every version that was publicly released

Would you be able to share one?
Quote Post Goto Top

Twili
Member Avatar

http://pointblank.bz/pb/misc/OoT%202D%202014%20v.15.2.zip

Oh, look what I have.

Wurmi32LP
Member Avatar

nice! thank you. now i can finally get a clean oot2d again. what i mean with clean? lets just say... i screwed up some tiles while inserting my own... could you maybe also go to OoT2Ds site and make a thread with the download link there? some peoples over there are also looking for a download since it was taken down.

Twili
Member Avatar

>This board is not currently accepting new registrations.
>Error Code: 22013:6095696
Edited by Twili, Oct 14 2015, 09:05 AM.

Wurmi32LP
Member Avatar

thats a weird! maybe im able to ask godsturf what is going on...

Deleted User
Deleted User

So sorry that this took me so long but here's a link to every version that's been released so far.

http://www.filedropper.com/oot2d
Quote Post Goto Top

GodsTurf
Member Avatar
Uhh...
Have you heard about the v.20 trailer that just came out?

Wurmi32LP
Member Avatar

Yeah, after checking your comment i instantly went to OoT2D website and saw the new update video. Already got onboard of the hype train!

soulofdeity

This is the fate of successful homebrew Zelda games. Graphics, audio, and characters are all trademarked until at least 2040 (most copyrights, patents, and trademarks only last for 50 years tops before they enter public domain, though Disney pretty much trampled that, so it's not unreasonable to think that Nintendo could as well).

This is why I've been more interested in making a Zelda-like game than making an actual Zelda game. Tried it once with Unity3D, but version control and teamwork don't really work well with that engine. Was gonna take another stab at it with a guy who knew C++ (which despite my hate for it, I was willing to use for the extra teammate) but he quit because I told him that I wanted to have our own wrapper interface for graphics rather than programming in OpenGL or DirectX directly (for portability reasons; it'd be nice to be able to play on PSP or Wii which use SCE and GX graphics api's)

GANONdork123
Member Avatar
Retired Zelda Modding Veteran
Yeah copyright laws have extended it to the entire copyright holder's life + 80 years. Pretty much we'll all be dead before LoZ goes into the public domain. EDIT: at least here in the US
Edited by GANONdork123, Feb 8 2016, 08:46 AM.

2 users reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Games · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: