Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements

Welcome to Zelda64.net. Announcements can be found below!

6.26.2018  Make sure you keep your passwords safe. If you use the same password on here as on other sites, it is highly recommended that you change it. If you can't change your password, and want it changed, let me or other active staff know, and we can force a reset or change it for you. ~PwnzLPs
Welcome to Zelda64. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid email address is required. Your email address will NOT be sold as it is only needed to prevent spammers (and admittedly, some still get around this, but this makes it a bit more difficult, plus, if the moderators need to contact you, we have an email on file to do so). Thanks for considering us!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
TSBT (Tingles Smash Bro Tuner)
Topic Started: Feb 9 2016, 05:57 PM (7,000 Views)
SoundBlitz
Member Avatar

I couldn't really find another place to put this on the forum so I think I will make the base here. If somebody could make a general software thread for the place that would be a smart idea, but I digress. This was originally something I started about two days ago. I had multiple projects filled with multiple ideas. One was a collision editor that I scraped almost as soon as I started some were others that just didn't work, and this is the one I set my focus on. I call it Tingles Smash Bro Tuner! Or TSBT for short. I am putting of my other projects to work on something less taxing while I do my work at college. It is also something I not only made for fun but as a response to all the wants and needs of various members relating to smash bro's 64. I wanted something small compact that not only fit easily on any computer but also on my phone when the time came. This simply edits or replaces models for sb64. it doesn't do levels (Although I may pick up on that idea again) but I hope when I release it this will prove fun and simple to use. (Simple is it's middle name)
Posted Image
Anyways I would love to here what members think of this idea and it's future uses. Also If possible I am welcoming "mib_f8sm9c" personally to help me with it. (If he wants to that is.) Although I don't have skype I am happy to chat at the .blank chat. Or communicate via pm's.
I hope you all have a great day!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mib_f8sm9c
Member Avatar

Sounds good to me, I'd love to help you out. I've got other dev work I'm doing too, so I dunno how reliably I can contribute, but I'll definitely do some work. I'll hit up .blank in a bit.

Psi-Hate
Member Avatar
Average user who wants to mod :P
Looking really forward to this! Thanks for the plentiful amount of software you're working on SB. It'll make N64 modding improve dramatically! :)

Dzeko
Member Avatar

SoundBlitz, you are helpful for N64 community!

Likiji123
Member Avatar

holy crap, this is something i have been wanting for a while now
this is gonna be so awesome for ssb64 modding :D

EDIT: do you want me to post this on the ssb64 thread on smashboards
Edited by Likiji123, Feb 12 2016, 05:59 AM.

SoundBlitz
Member Avatar

Post it if you want but we may be decoding things for some time. Although we are making progress. Also I grew up making software so to be honest, it would be my pleasure to keep making things like this.
(or as much as my brain can handle which ever comes first.)

mib_f8sm9c
Member Avatar

Just like Soundblitz said, there's quite a bit of work to do understanding the ROM, since there's very little documentation out there about SSB64.

Here's a teaser though, got a bit of the Hyrule Temple level to render:
Posted Image

Pretty excited about that, I think it won't be long until we start tearing through the data files. Although there are a lot of them, that's for sure : /

EDIT:
@Likiji I'll probably go there and post myself later today. I figured some stuff out with how data is referenced for the F3D(Z?)EX code, so I want to make sure that the information gets put somewhere permanent.
Edited by mib_f8sm9c, Feb 12 2016, 12:45 PM.

SuperMarioHacksWii
Member Avatar
Texture Artist
This is literally amazing. I'm so glad you've decided to make this and I can't wait for release! I've got plans for SSB64 modding. :D

Jorgasms
Member Avatar

Hi. I'm Jorgasms, the creator of 19XXTE. I'd love to help anyway I can. Add me on skype or message me on Smashboards (both @Jorgasms)

mib_f8sm9c
Member Avatar

Cool! I'm gonna be on vacation in Colorado for the next few days so I probs won't talk for a bit, but I can't speak for SoundBlitz.

One last teaser before I take off though:
Posted Image

(Interestingly enough, the level is literally split into 3 groups: background, middleground, and foreground. Each group has a different set of graphics code.)
Edited by mib_f8sm9c, Feb 13 2016, 01:27 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
ZetaBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Modding Software · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: