Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements

Welcome to Zelda64.net. Announcements can be found below!

6.26.2018  Make sure you keep your passwords safe. If you use the same password on here as on other sites, it is highly recommended that you change it. If you can't change your password, and want it changed, let me or other active staff know, and we can force a reset or change it for you. ~PwnzLPs
Welcome to Zelda64. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid email address is required. Your email address will NOT be sold as it is only needed to prevent spammers (and admittedly, some still get around this, but this makes it a bit more difficult, plus, if the moderators need to contact you, we have an email on file to do so). Thanks for considering us!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Should Link receive the Kokiri Sword from the Old Man in Red ala the original? Or should he still receive it from the Chest?
Receive Kokiri Sword from Old Man as a Legend of Zelda reference. 14 (87.5%)
Receive Kokiri Sword from normal location, why confuse the player? 1 (6.3%)
Receive Kokiri Sword another way (please elaborate). 1 (6.3%)
Total Votes: 16
Ocarina of Time: Revisited 0.23; Complete up until the Temple of Time! - Now Console Compatible!
Topic Started: Mar 19 2016, 02:47 PM (21,037 Views)
Three Pendants
Member Avatar

Since I've reached a milestone in this mod (finishing the Six Medallions and making the hack compatible with other emulators) it's about time that I put a project summary for a first post.

Latest - Ocarina of Time: Revisited 0.23

CONSOLE COMPATIBLE VERSION HERE!

Ocarina of Time: Revisited 0.23 Console

Ocarina of Time: Revisited

Posted Image

This mod aims to add more challenge to OoT while adding new abilities to help Link through this less forgiving world. Some exploits have been dealt with by removal of the crouch stab and bombs now have a knockback effect preventing glitches by rolling into them (I think). Rolling has also lost its invincibility frames. Collectable Hearts will be a rarity (Hence they heal 5 Hearts) in any dungeon and healing items generally heal less all around.

Now for the main features...

Worth it to Explore - It is planned that every area is to have something worth looking for. Whether it be Rupee Chests, Heart Pieces, or what have you. It is planned for exploration to be worth the time. Exploration is assisted by new items such as the Treasure Rupee and Skulltula Seeker.

Harder Bosses - While the dungeons themselves won't see too much of a change (though I have an incentive planned for actually exploring them to their fullest) the bosses are all planned to be more difficult.

Expanded NPC's - Some NPC's will play much larger roles than they originally did in OoT. Such as the Flying Carpet Merchant who shows up in a variety of maps with many unique items to sell and the old man who gives Link his sword.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Ease of Access - Arrow Types and Boots have been assigned to the D-Pad for easy switching without having to go into the Pause menu at all!

Challenge Aspects:

Sword Recoil Damage - Sword Recoil Damage is probably one of the most fundamental changes made to the game. A foolhardy warrior who collide their blades without thought will soon find themselves reeling. As you proceed through the game the damage taken from this recoil will increase per the amount of hearts remaining.

Reduced Healing - All Heart Drops are Gone. This means in a dungeon you will have to rely on your own wits and brawn to see you through obstacles. In addition Potions, Milk, and Fairies have lost much of their effectiveness. Red (and Blue) Potions only heal 8 hearts. Milk only heals 3 as in Twilight Princess, Fairies will only revive Link with 2 Hearts so you must be cautious, they will heal 12 Hearts if used though.

Dynamic Difficulty - As you complete Temples (most) damage will increase. As you grow stronger, so shall your foes.

Custom Foes - Some foes will have their timers or patterns changed. Here is an example of the Moblin. Some other normal foes may be altered in similar ways. So far this is the only one.

(I apologize for the music. Didn't realize that I was recording sound as well. I would have replaced the music had I the means.)

Cannot Bottle Anything - Yes you read that right, If you want anything but a drink in your bottle you will need to buy it from a store (obviously prices will be lowered on some of those items.) This will prevent several methods of glitching. (Implemented as of 0.19)

Din's Fire now deals 2 Hearts of damage to Link on each use.

Nayru's Love's timer is shortened to ten seconds.

IN PROGRESS - Dungeon Heart Pieces - Bosses will no longer drop their Heart Container, but instead their Heart Container will be in 4 pieces two throughout the dungeon and two outside of it encouraging full exploration and leaving no stone unturned.

Posted Image

Gifts Given:

Link begins with double magic, you'll still need to unlock magic first to use it.

Tunic Effects - The Goron Tunic now gives the player +2 damage on their attacks! But this also comes at the cost of receiving double damage in return.
- The Zora Tunic allows the player to restore their magic at 4 MP a strike with the sword (on most foes) the drawback from this is that you take x4 damage from Elemental Damage so it is not safe to equip in places that have those sorts of foes.

Boot Effects - The Iron Boots mitigate 1/2 a heart of damage. If the damage you would be dealt is 1/2 of a heart you would lose only 1/4. This can be used to mitigate some of the damage from wearing the Goron Tunic as well.
- The Hover Boots become enchanted with Farore's Wind equipped to become the Hover Pegasus Boots! At the cost 1-2 MP per second you can speed about at your hearts content!

Collectable Medallions - The Medallions are now items! They have replaced the Masks and are obtained from the Sages when you defeat the appropriate bosses. Because Darkness has clouded much of the land the Medallions can only be freely switched in the Temple of Time, the last bastion of Light. You will have to choose carefully which single Medallion to carry along with you with each sojourn from the temple. They can used by Child and Adult Link and occupy the new 5th row of items. You may Only have one Medallion on you at a time. Their effects are as follows...

Light Medallion - The Light Medallion creates the "Light Boomerang", when used as an item. Akin to the Magic Boomerang from ALttP. The Boomerang's range greatly increases and can deal great damage against Dark Monsters. It costs several MP each time it is called. When its true power awakens it turns the Master Sword into the Light Sword.

Forest Medallion - The Forest Medallion grants the player a "Windslash" increasing their range with the sword dramatically at the cost of 3 MP each swing. This can be partnered with the Zora Tunic to keep a steady flow of MP. If you play Saria's Song with the Medallion equipped you will recover all of your MP at the cost of 30 Rupees (an infinite Green Potion on hand, so to speak)

Fire Medallion - The Fire Medallion makes the player into a "Bomb Expert" increasing the damage they deal with Bombs and preventing damage from the blasts. In this state Link can also blowup Megaton Hammer Rocks with Bombs. That may be important to remember.

Water Medallion - The Water Medallion makes the player into a "Survivalist". Potions and Milk will heal double their normal amount and Nayru's Love will go from a short time invincibility to a one minute x2 Defense.

Spirit Medallion - The Spirit Medallion gives the player a "Safeguard". The sword can be used without consequence and Din's Fire no longer deals 2 hearts of damage to Link on use. (This is prone to changing if the lack of sword recoil damage makes this the only Medallion people use)

Shadow Medallion - The Shadow Medallion gives the player a "Siphon Sword". When you slice an enemy with the Kokiri Sword you will recover 1 1/2 of a heart at 12 MP each hit. Link's voice also changes to that of Dark Link's voice and the player may speak to Gossip Stones as if they were wearing the Mask of Truth (which no longer exists)

True Light Medallion - When the Light Arrows are shined upon the Light Medallion the Light Medallion's true power awakens!

You can however unseal Medallions at the appropriate Elemental Great Fairy at the cost of One Heart Container per Medallion seal broken.

Magic Sword - Basically like the Magic Armor in Twilight Princess. This version of the Biggoron's Sword will use Rupees during each swing. When you are out of Rupees it will break. It's Blue Spin is Ice Elemental and it's Red Spin is Fire Elemental.

Tempered Master Sword - With Biggoron giving the Magic Sword (at least that's the current plan) obviously Medigoron can't give you another version of the Magic Sword. Medigoron tempers the Master Sword, increasing its damage for 100 hits. Once the 100 hits are up the Master Sword will go back to normal. It also has a special effect when Din's Fire is equipped.

Light Sword - When the Light Arrows shines its light upon the Medallions, the Light Medallion awakens and enables the use of the Light Sword.

Trade Pass - Tired of going through the Gerudo Fortress you say? Well, for a measly 350 Rupees the Flying Carpet Merchant will let you go right onto the Haunted Wasteland, enabling cordial relations with the Gerudo Guards in White, but not the ones patrolling the Fortress.

Treasure Rupee - The Flying Carpet Merchant will sell the Treasure Rupee for 300 Rupees and it is an investment! Unlike the Stone of Agony which the Treasure Rupee has replaced the Treasure Rupee gives you a better approximation of Hidden Grottos and it can find Hidden Chests as well!

Skulltula Seeker - Have you ever lost track of how many Skulltula's you've killed in an area? Or wanted to know how many there even were in an area to begin with? Well with the Skulltula Seeker all of that information is at your fingertips!

Hero's Charm - This handy tool will track enemy's HP as you fight them, this includes bosses.

Posted Image

Miscellaneous Changes:

The Crouch Stab, due to its poorly programmed abuse is gone.

Bombs now have a Knockback effect.

Fixed Kokiri Sword Hitbox

Spin Attack replaced by "Magic Circle" which is a collisionless motion, which will just call the normal Spin Attack actor (used to fix a possible exploit)

Magic Cost of Magic Circle increased to 6 MP (not yet implemented)

A Bottle has been added before the Deku Tree that you can get without the Slingshot (but it may be easier with it)

Milk is now sold at the Kokiri Shop

All damage charts have been altered to accommodate the new sword levels.

Bomb Hovering is no longer possible

Navi no longer alerts you with C-Up out of battle. So if she's saying something, it's likely important!

You can no longer Shield against bombs.

Some animations have been changed to prevent abuse.

Inventory has been expanded.

Ocarina Pedestals have been added, along with a new song to allow you to more easily access certain areas of the world (and is essential in continuing the main quest.)

Posted Image

Special Thanks:
Sanguinetti - Added Model, Deku Shield, and Kokiri Sword as Adult Link!
Notwa - Mips Master extraordinaire! Without him this hack would not have been possible at all!
CloudMax - Hacker, Provided item name textures, inspired some of my work, provided the code and programs to get me started at all!
CDi-Fails - For the Medallion Textures.
PPLToast - Beta Tester, Glitch Finder, some ideas.
Gabyelnuevo - Beta Tester, Encouragement, some ideas.
MelonSpeedRuns - Treasure Rupee Graphic
MZXRules - For technical support and the greatness that is Spectrum
Gamma - For the most amazing modding text editor I've ever seen for a video game.
Hacks Used
CloudMax's Inventory Expander

Edited by Three Pendants, Jul 19 2016, 09:46 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dzeko
Member Avatar

This is interesting, god job. ^^

Three Pendants
Member Avatar

(Original First post now in second post)

This would be my first contribution here. And I'm not really sure if this counts as such in all honesty.

This patch is my attempt to better balance OoT as well as add a bit more challenge.

What this patch does is change a core game mechanic. When you strike anything with a swung weapon you will take 1/16th of a Heart of damage.

In addition Crouch Stabbing has been removed because it is an easily abusive move and because of weirdness with Spin Attack's striking detection it has been removed and is now the "Magic Spin". Which is just the Spin Attack's magic circle without the sword's hitbox. The animation has been replaced to look more like casting of sorts.

This is meant to be a piecemeal hack of a larger project that I have planned.

Here is the patch. Balance Hack 0.01

Here are the notes of everything I did...

Don't Overuse Sword or you will die! - Hack

0x803E2D2C - 24010005 - ADDIU AT, R0, 0x0005 (Looking for Giant's Knife Action Parameter)
0x803E2D30 - 00A03825 - OR A3,A1,R0
0x803E2D34 - 15C10052 - BNE T6,AT

0x3E2D50 - 94580036 - LHU T8, 0x0036 (Load Durability)

0x3E2E1C - A4480036 - SB (Store New Durability -1... somehow)

------------------------------

Preventing the Sword from changing to the Broken Giant's Knife

0x80084A2C - A468009C - SH T0 0x009C (Store Half byte (+8) in Sword Space.)
0x80084A30 - 018D7824 (not important, just here for search purposes)

0x80084A3C - A46B009C - SH T3, 0x009C (As above, basically)
0x80084A40 - 240E0055 - SH T6, R0, 0x0055 (Change to Broken Giant's Knife)

0x80084A48 - A06E0068 - SB T8, 0x0068
0x80084A4C - 2418003D - ADDIU T8, R0, 0x003D
0x80084A50 - A0780068 - SB T6, 0x0068

Or just...

0x803E2E5C - 0C00A63B - JAL 0x298EC (Seems to show the graphic of the Giant's Knife going flying)

0x803E2E64 - 0C02127B - JAL 0x849EC (Get it at its roots)
8FA40018

0x803E2E70 - 0C00BDF7 - JAL 0x2FD7C (Not sure, but safe to gut it anyhow)

---------------------------------

EXTRA Changing Spin Attack to Magic Circle and Disabling Crouch Stab (Balance Issues) and Quick Spin's Magic

0x3E2AB4 11C0000D - BEQ - T6, R0 (The Function Check, changing this to always look at 0 disables the move)
3C060400

0x3E2AC0 -24C62EC8 - ADDIU, A2, A2, 0x2EC8 (Crouch Stab Animation)

0x29ED74 -11A0000E - BEQ T5, R0 (The Magic Check for Quick Spin Magic, changing this to always look at 0 disables the magic)

0x3D7B14 -240E0008 - ADDIU, T6,R0, 0x0008 (Spin Attack charge time)

Changing Spin Attack Animations to Megaton Hammer Pound and Recoil respectively, along with getting rid of its collision.
--------------------------------

Changed in ROM

0xC11A34 - 0000000 (Nop) - This makes it so all Swords (and swung weapons) go through.

0xC11A50 - 94580030 - LHU T8, 0x0030 (Load Health)

0xC11B1C - A4480030 - SB (Store New Health -1... somehow)

0xC11B5C - 0000000 - JAL 0x298EC (Seems to show the graphic of the Giant's Knife going flying)

0xC11B64 - 00000000 - JAL 0x849EC (Get it at its roots)
8FA40018

0xC11B70 - 00000000 - JAL 0x2FD7C (Not sure, but safe to gut it anyhow)

--------------------

Spin Attack Modifications and disabling Crouch Stab

0xC117B4 1000000D - BEQ - T6, R0 (The Function Check, changing this to always look at 0 disables Crouch Stab)
3C060400

0xE551B4 -1000000E - BEQ T5, R0 (The Magic Check for Quick Spin Magic, changing this to always look at 0 disables the magic)

0xC06814 -240E0018 - ADDIU, T6,R0, 0x0018 (Spin Attack charge time)

Changing Spin Attack Animations to Megaton Hammer Pound and Recoil respectively, along with getting rid of its collision.
2C40, 2C78

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the encouragement Dzeko

The next update to this "balance" attempt is more on the challenge side of things. This update is all about providing a challenge through limited healing.

Here is the link... Balance Hack 0.02

And here are the patch notes...

Removed - All instances of Heart Drops in the Collectable Item Drop Table

Fixed the Kokiri Sword Hitbox

Magic Cost of Magic Spin increased to 6 MP.

0x87B28 - 272EFFFA - ADDIU T6, T9, 0xFFFE (Magic Cost of Spin Attack) (-6)

Bottled Fairies will restore 12 Hearts (Will be more expensive than normal Red Potion)

0xC1DE40 - 240F0140

Reviving Fairies will restore 2 Hearts (A last gasp, as it may)

0xC12A74 - 240A0140

Red Potions will restore 8 Hearts

0xC1DA14 - 240A0140

Milk/Half Milk will restore 3 Hearts

0xC1DA48 - 240B0050

Green Potion will be left alone.

Hearts Healing Increased to 5. (So hearts that you find in Chests or purchase from Shops will be worth the investment)

0xAFD14C - 24050010 - Healing amount of a Heart.

00B7000800000000000A00*1000*

Fairies can no longer be caught

0xC238A4 (0018182A) - Item Received when Fairy is Captured.
(The first part of the 0018, when changed, no longer allows you to catch fairies, the second 18 when changed changes the item)

Edited by Three Pendants, Apr 3 2016, 11:38 AM.

gabyelnuevo
Member Avatar

So good!
How did you fix the Kokiri Sword hitbox? Did that involve ASM or something similar?

Three Pendants
Member Avatar

I found it through ASM long ago. It seems that this data never made it onto a wiki or anyone's notes somehow. I could have sworn I made the vast majority of this public... well no matter.

I'll post the Slashes for now. There's a great variety of info. at the cloudmodding wiki as well from myself and many others.

(Rom B9D28X)
B9D284 - 457A0000 - Master Sword Slashes
B9D288 - 453B8000 - Kokiri Sword Slashes
B9D28C - 45ABE000 - Giant's Knife Slashes
B9D290 - 00000000 - ???
B9D294 - 451C4000 - Megaton Hammer

Dzeko
Member Avatar

Since a while I wanted play OoT in challenge fashion, maybe I will made videos about this challenge (I have a Youtube channel). ^^

Three Pendants
Member Avatar

Oh, that would be neat! I should note that I'm currently in the process of changing up some things aside from mechanics as well.

I noticed that my new rules makes things a bit... brutal for the game start, so there's going to be a bottle hidden somewhere in the Kokiri Forest/Lost Woods and Milk available at the Kokiri Shop. This will give a little bit of leeway for the game start (since there are no more hearts to openly grab any time you're low) and in the normal game you can grab two bottles right after Hyrule Castle, so I'll change Talon's prize from the Super Cucco minigame from his bottle to some other item.

Thanks for the display of interest!
So 0.03 is ready to launch. This one is merely to showcase the use of free space gained from CloudMax's method.

This patch makes it so you deal double damage to (most) enemies if you are wearing the Goron Tunic, however you take double the damage from all sources so it is definitely a gamble! As you can imagine this is where much of the day went so I never got around to hiding a bottle in the Forest, but there is Milk at the shop in preparation, haha!

Here is the patch... Balance Hack0.03

And here are the patch notes...

Arrows in the Kokiri Shop have been replaced with Milk and a Deku Stick copy.

This was done by replacing a copy of the Red Potion (Table Entry 31) and

using the Object (00DF) and Item Model (002F) of the Milk alone and changing

the Item Index from 11 to 50 and changing the price to 20 Rupees. Text

editing was done to make it read properly.

Added 0x10000 bytes of Free Ram for future use thanks to CloudMax's aid which

can be put to use in Custom ASM.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

You take double damage, but deal double damage in a Red Tunic (Notwa also

helped with the basics of this)

Preliminary (Deal x2 Damage to Link)

0x8722C 0C140000 - JAL 0x500000
0x8722C 00000000 - NOP

0x500000 - 8502002E- LH V0, 0X002E (Load Health into V0)
0x500004 - 00108040 - SLL, S0, S0, 0x1 (Shift the damage done by 1 making it

deal x2 damage to Link)
0x500008 - 0310C821 - ADDU, T9, T8, S0
0x50000C - 03E00008 - JR

------------------------------------

Adding the Goron Tunic exception

3C178012 - LUI S7, 0x8012
96F771A4 - LHU S7, 0x71A4 (S7) (Load Tunic Reference Check)
950E0070 - LHU T6, 0x0070 Load Link's currently equipped Equipment
01D95824 - AND, T3, T6, T9 (Take away other numbers aside from Tunic)
24010002 - ADDIU, AT, R0, 0x0002 (Load Goron Tunic Check)
156100XX - BNE, T3, AT (If not 02)
00000000 - NOP

------------------------------------------

Putting it together...

8502002E- LH V0, 0X002E (Load Health into V0)
96F771A4 - LHU S7, 0x71A4 (S7) (Load Tunic Reference Check)
01D95824 - AND, T3, T6, T9 (Take away other numbers aside from Tunic)
24010200 - ADDIU, AT, R0, 0x0200 (Load Goron Tunic Check)
15610002 - BNE, T3, AT (If not 02)
00000000 - NOP
00108040 - SLL, S0, S0, 0x1 (Shift the damage done by 1 making it deal x2

damage to Link)
0310C821 - ADDU, T9, T8, S0
03E00008 - JR

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Goron Tunic deals double damage to (Most) enemies

35628 -
908200B0 - LBU, V0 0x00B0 (Loads the damage being done by Link)
908300AF - LBU, V1 0x00AF (Load the HP remaining of enemy)

(Cannot use Register V0, V1, and T6!)

Change those to

0814000C - J - 80500030
00000000 - NOP - 00000000

908200B0 - LBU V0, 0x00B0(A0) - Load Link's damage into A0.
3C138016 - LUI S3, 0x8016 (Load 8016 into register)
9673E6D0 - LHU S3, 0xE6D0 (S3) (Load Link's Tunic)
3C198012 - LUI T9, 0x8012 (Load 8012 into register)
973971A4 - LHU T9, 0x7184 (T9) (Load "nullify all but tunic" sequence)
02799824 - AND S3, S3, T9 (Add S3 (Tunics) with T9 (everything but Tunic nullifier in S3)
24070200 - ADDIU, A3, R0, 0x200 (Add 0200 (Goron Tunic check) into A3)
16670002 - BNE, S3, A3 (If not Goron Tunic Skip)
00000000 - NOP
00021040 - SLL - Double the damage Link does to enemies.
908300AF - LBU V1, 0x00AF (Load Enemy's HP into register)
0800D58C - Jump back to 80035630)
0000000 - NOP

(T7, T9 were the used registers)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Edited by Three Pendants, Mar 20 2016, 07:46 PM.

gabyelnuevo
Member Avatar

This is very informative! Though i dont think right now i cant "easily" do this since idk much about this, but for other people thid is really good stuff to know and use for other stuff PogChamp!

Three Pendants
Member Avatar

Thanks Gabyelnuevo. Well another day, another patch!

This fulfills what I said of the previous patch. There is now a hidden bottle that can be retrieved before entering the first dungeon (though it may be easier to get the Slingshot first). All hearts have been removed as well as "refueling stations" like grass clumps throughout the Deku Tree, so keep a careful watch on your ammo! Queen Gohma has also been upgraded not in terms of HP or damage, but her animations are quicker and the fight as a whole now moves much faster. Better be on your toes!

Balance Hack 0.04

As always, here are the patch notes...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A few mundane changes (well mundane by modding standards)

The Lost Woods now has several room with enemies.

A hidden Bottle has been added before the first dungeon. (May be easier to get with

Slingshot)

As a consequence Talon's prize from the Super Cucco Minigame has been changed

ROM: 0xECBE5C - (24060014) - Receive Lon-Lon Milk Bottle
To... 2406003E (Heart Piece)

The Heart Piece in the shed has been removed as a result and will be a different item.

(I hope that text editing portion went well)

The Deku Tree has no grass clumps so you have to use your limited supply of ammo

carefully. There is now three sets of Deku Seeds in the room before the boss though so

you don't have to keep grinding for more Seeds.

Queen Gohma has been modified from the values you see below (except HP)

ROM - CDF9D8 -
RAM - 22D9F8 - ADDIU - T7, R0, 0x0046 Stun Time Possibility for spawning

ROM - CE254C
RAM - 23056C - ADDIU, T9, T8, 0x001E - (Set) Amount of Time Ghoma will attack for

(Derived from a random number +001E)

ROM - CE26F4
RAM - 230714 - ADDIU - T7, R0, 0x0096 Amount of Stun Time when Ghoma falls when her

spawning is interrupted

xROM - CE377C
RAM - 23179C - ADDIU - T2, R0, 0x005A Amount of Stun Time when Ghoma is hit with a

Slingshot during her attack phase.

ROM - CE379C
RAM - 2317BC -ADDIU - T1, R0, 0x0028 24090028 = Amount of Stun Time when Ghoma is stunned

by Deku Nuts when she attacks Link

And from Zeldazelda's Notes...

"Zeldazelda"

Queen Ghoma's health value!

E6 0A 00 6C 24 0F {00 0A} 24 18 00 FF A2 0F 00 AF

CE2EA6 = SPEED FOR GHOMA WHEN WALKING
CE3012 = SPEED OF WITCH GHOMA IS CLIMBING UP A WALL OR PILLER OR WHATEVER.
CE30C6 = SPEED OF WITCH GHOMA IS CLINGING ACROSS CELING TO WHERE SHE SPAWNS GHOMA LARVA'S

Ghoma spawns all three at once

Open ZELOOTMA and go to CE2B08 and change 1581001A to 00000000

This makes it so that when ghoma spawns enemies, she spawns all three at once

Well, I worked all night on this one and it's my most extensive hack yet. This hack turns the Keaton Mask into a proto-Wind Medallion. Now when I say "Proto" I don't mean beta or anything of that sort. It's a proto for this project.

What this does is it checks your C-Buttons. If it finds the Keaton Mask/Wind Medallion the range of your swing will increase by 100, but it will cost 3 MP a swing (and sometimes more depending on the animation).

I thought it best to illustrate the "Wind Medallion" with a "Wind Slash" as it may. This can be used as Child or Adult, just be aware that you should not actually equip the Keaton Mask as an adult. I haven't gotten around to disabling the Action Parameters on it yet. As I had noted this is merely a test. Enjoy!

Balance Hack (Wind Medallion Test)0.05

And here are the extensive notes on it...

Wind Medallion - Wind Medallion will be replacing Keaton Mask. 0.05 -03FEE030 ROM
90F44 - C42660E0 - LWC1 F6, 0x60E0 (AT)
90F48 - 3C018012 - LUI, AT 0x8012
90F4C - E4266080 - SWC1 - F6, 0x6080 (AT)
Change to...

90F44 - 0C140019 - JAL 5000064
90F48 - 00000000 - NOP
90F4C - 00000000 - NOP

(Plan - Do a check of Magic. If above 10 (0A) proceed, Do a check of the 3 C-Buttons. See

if the Keaton Mask/Wind Medallion is present. If so, add +40 to Slash Range - Decrease MP

by 10 (0A)

FIRST - Open Registers

S6, presumably S2, and T3

Or not. We've entered into a territory where I have to adapt to Floating Point rules,

this could be trouble.

Let's try a test... or not, because that failed. New plan. Start a little earlier, check

for the +40 and then put it into floating point registers

+40 to Slash.

943660E0 -LHU S6, 0x60E0(AT) (Load Slash into Register S6)
24120040 -ADDIU S2, R0, 0x0040 (Add 40 to Register S2)
02D2B020 -ADD S6, S6, S2 (Add S6 and S2 to get the Slash +40)
3C018012 -LUI AT, 0x8012
20216080 -ADDI AT,AT 0x6080 (Reach the Slash Pointer)
A4360000 -SH 0x0000 (AT)(With the value not being set, since it is still loaded by the

location of the slash, this is necessary to always reach the Slash Pointer)
--------------------------------

That part is finally done with! Now, let's see if we can't get some conditionals into it.

(S2 and T3 are open registers S6 is holding the Slash)
943660E0 (this might actually be able to go under the JAL since it is necessary)

3C0B8016 - LUI T3, 0x8016 (Load 8016 into register T3)
916BE693 - LBU T3, 0xE693 (T3) (Load Link's Magic T3)
2412000A - ADDIU S2, R0, 0x000A (Load 0A into S2.)
01729022 - SUB S2, T3, S2 (Subtract 0A from current MP)
1A400005 - BLEZ S2, 0x00XX (If less than zero branch)
00000000 - NOP
A172E693 - SB S2, 0xE693 (Store new magic amount)
--------
3C018012 -LUI AT, 0x8012
A4360000 -SH S6 0x0000 (AT)(With the value not being set, since it is still loaded by the

All of this worked very well, final step is to put in an "Item on C-Check" this will

probably be the largest, but simplest part of the process. (The lack of registers really

hurts my available options. Had I more, or an understanding of the SP system I would use

it more effectively)

943660E0 -LHU S6, 0x60E0(AT) (Load Slash into Register S6)
-------------------

916BE6C9 - LBU T3, 0xE693 (T3) (Load Link's C-Button Left)
24120024 - ADDIU, S2, R0 0x0024 (Check it against the Wind Medallion)
124B000D - BEQ, S2, T3, 0x000D
916BE6CA - LBU T3, 0xE694 (T3) (Load Link's C-Button Down)
124B0008 - BEQ, S2, T3, 0x0008
916BE6CB - LBU T3, 0xE695 (T3) (Load Link's C-Button Right)
124B0003 - BEQ, S2, T3, 0x0003
1000000B - BEQ, R0, R0 0x000B
----------
916BE693 - LBU T3, 0xE693 (T3) (Load Link's Magic T3)
24120001 - ADDIU S2, R0, 0x0001 (Load 01 into S2.)
01729022 - SUB S2, T3, S2 (Subtract 0A from current MP)
1A400005 - BLEZ S2, 0x00XX (If less than zero branch)
00000000 - NOP
A172E693 - SB S2, 0xE693 (Store new magic amount)
--------
3C018012 -LUI AT, 0x8012
A4360000 -SH S6 0x0000 (AT)(With the value not being set, since it is still loaded by the

Alright, I made a bit of progress today on this mod, first off this will be the last update with "Balance Hack" as its name and its new name will be "Ocarina of Time:Revisited" and the topic will reflect that when I post the next part of this patch.

This newest patch adds some new functionality for the Iron Boots. The Iron Boots have always been a burden, they slowed you down considerably and you would never equip them out of water (unless you were getting by a wind fan). Well this hack gives Iron Boots some combat capability.

The Iron Boots will now decrease damage done to you by 1/2 of a heart, if you are hit 1/2 of a heart it will do 1/4 of a heart. If hit by 1/4 you will still take the 1/4th damage. This also stacks with the Goron Tunic which gives x2 Damage but cuts your defense in half and the slower mobility can be made up for with the Forest Medallion's Wind Slash ability to help close the distance between you and your foes.

In addition thanks to CloudMax's Texture Explorer replacing the Icons for the Masks and using them for the Medallions was a more than simple process! Also magic in a new game starts at 60 instead of 30, to make better use of magic overall. (No change has yet been made to the double magic fairy proper)

And with that here is the next update...

Balance Hack (Iron Boots grant +Defense) 0.06

And as always, here are the patch notes.

Changing Icons and Textures with CloudMax's Texture Explorer - 0.06

All Masks have been changed to Medallions

Disable all Mask Functionality.

Start the game with 60 (Double) Magic and double magic will give C0.

Well, finding the one with starting the game was easy enough, (ROM: BA16AF) but making

the magic max to 60 is a little more complicated.

879F4 - RAM

80620032 - LB, V0, 0x0032(V1) (Load Magic Level Flag into V0)
846413F4 - LH A0, 0x13F4(V1) (Load currently placed Magic Meter length into Register A0)
24180009 - ADDIU, T8, R0, 0x0009 (Place 09 into T8)
00400821 - ADDU AT, V0, R0 (Place Magic Flag into AT.)

Those are all calculations. The actual value is at...

8E038 - RAM

258D0001 - ADDIU T5, T4 0x0001 - (Load Magic Flag into Byte)

In ROM this is at...

BA51D8 - Starting Magic Level

And that's that.

----------------------------------------------

Iron Boots - Take 1/2 Heart less damage (or 1/4 if being hit by 1/2) - 03FEE0B8

(Look to the Goron Tunic for reference)
(At 80500028)
1000002F

96F771A6 - LHU S7, 0x71A6 (S7) (Load Boots Reference Check)
2413FFFC - ADDIU, S3, R0, 0xFFFC
1670000X - BNE, S3, S0, 0x000X (Branch to end)
00000000 -
01D75824 - AND, T3, T6, S7 (Take away other numbers aside from Boots)
24012000 - ADDIU, AT, R0, 0x2000 (Load Iron Boots Check)
15610002 - BNE, T3, AT (If not 02)
00000000 - NOP
2413FFF8 - ADDIU, S3, R0, 0xFFF8 (Is the damage 1/2 a heart?)
1670000X - BNE, S3, S0, 0x000X (Branch past)
24130004 - ADDIU, S3, R0, 0x0004 (Add 4 to final damage total to reduce it to 1/4)
02138020 - ADD S0, S0, S3
1000000X - BEQ R0, R0 (Always branch)
00000000 -
24130008 - ADDIU, S3, R0, 0x0008 (Add 8 to final damage total to reduce it to 1/4)
02138020 - ADD, S0, S0, S3
0310C821 - ADDU T9, T8, S0 (Add all damage to data.)
03E00008 - Return

(0310C821 removed from original Goron Tunic hack and the JR is now a Jump to this section)

--------------
Edited by Three Pendants, Mar 22 2016, 10:49 PM.

ChriisTiian
Member Avatar
Estoy seguro que esto serĂ¡ traducido... =P
AWESOME AS ALWAYS, Three Pendants!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mods & Hacks Repo · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: