Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements

Welcome to Zelda64.net. Announcements can be found below!
As of 3.1.2017, this site seems pretty dead. Or on the brink of dying. So I've decided to try to help it out. Z64 is having its theme reworked to be more modern and professional. I'll try my best to get back into the Zelda modding scene. Hopefully we can get this place back up without the cobwebs (and without looking like a web page from the 1990s). Enjoy the current Zelda64 Dark theme over the next few days while I finish sorting out the rest of it and the Light theme. Thanks for sticking with us. Sylux102 out.
Welcome to Zelda64. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid email address is required. Your email address will NOT be sold as it is only needed to prevent spammers (and admittedly, some still get around this, but this makes it a bit more difficult, plus, if the moderators need to contact you, we have an email on file to do so). Thanks for considering us!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
[MM] File Select Screen; Change the color values
Topic Started: Apr 4 2016, 05:15 AM (1,569 Views)
Garo-Mastah
Member Avatar
$99 Ninja Spy From Ikana
Hey Listen

Guys, i found the way how DeathBasket changed the RGB color values for the file select screen menu what in his romhack look like this:

Posted Image

Please ignore the filenames in the screen, it´s just an example.

first, go to Cloudmax´s documentation about MM´s file select, if someone have an idea about filect select screen menu editing as Skybox and background music, collab and post it.

Note: this only works in Zelda Majoras Mask 1.0 USA rom* by now.
tested in Project64.*
if you have intentions for make European, Japanese, and until the Gamecube version, Post it how.

Spoiler: click to toggle

the most important part are the next offsets

Menu Background Color
0040AFD0

File Color
8077F698

Cursor Color
0040B00A

the first and the last offsets put "81" in the first two numbers and will remain so

Menu Background Color
8140AFD0

Cursor Color
8140B00A

well, now will also
ex.

Menu Background Color
8140AFD0
8140AFD2
8140AFD4

file color
8177F698
8177F69A
8177F69C

cursor color
8140B00A
8140B00C
8140B00E

now are Gameshark code format for change the file screen default color like this.

Posted Image

to this

Posted Image

the last 2 bytes of the codes are the next

file screen color
8140AFD0 00RA
8140AFD2 00GA
8140AFD4 00BA

R = red
G = green
B = blue
A = alpha

Note: i don´t have an idea for what the first 2 bytes.

Other examples:

The Troubleshooting is when start the game with the code activated, appears an error, but when activate it with into the file select screen, change the desired color, useful for hex coding and testing

UPDATE
Thanks to Dzeko, he and i found the exact offsets for modify the File Select Screen color schemes
ok let´s go

MAJORA'S MASK ENGLISH VERSION 1.0

C8EA29 (I chose to separate the 3 offsets) = R color of the File Panel
C8EA2B (I chose to separate the 3 offsets) = G color of the File Panel
C8EA2D (I chose to separate the 3 offsets) = B color of the File Panel

C8DF63 = (You can't divide them, they use the same color by default)
- R color of the Copy/Erase/Options Panel
- R color of the Background

C8DEBC =
- R color of the Cursor

C8DF67 = (You can't divide them, they use the same color by default)
- G color of the Copy/Erase/Options Panel
- G color of the Background

C8DE97 = (You can't divide them, they use the same color by default)
- B color of the Copy/Erase/Options Panel
- B color of the Background
- G color of the Cursor
- B color of the Cursor

C8DAC8 =
- R color of the A-Decide*B-Cancel color
- G color of the A-Decide*B-Cancel color

C8DACC =
- B color of the A-Decide*B-Cancel color

C8E29F =
- Background Music Playback Reverb, ex. change 01 to 02 for play Fairy's Fountain music from start

C8E2AB =
- Background Music; choose the BGM to use

i hope what with this can help you and everyone

Thanks and see ya.
Edited by Garo-Mastah, Nov 26 2016, 08:55 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Dzeko
Member Avatar

If only we can know the RGB values to edit in a Hex editor this could be awesome,
The red File Select Screen is gorgeous. x)

davidBazuka
Member Avatar
Amateur Map Designer/Pure Cringe
Great! Now we just need to figure out how to do that with OoT!

CloudMax
Member Avatar
Nobody special
SpookyPvP
Apr 4 2016, 10:13 PM
Great! Now we just need to figure out how to do that with OoT!
Not to derail the topic or anything, but that was figured out a very long time ago.
It's just there there aren't any tutorials for beginners out there on how to use the available information to do stuff with it.
I've modified the Ocarina of Time file select rather extensively (Custom File Select), and that was 2 years ago.
All the documentation, as well as the code, textures, etc. for that hack is available to everyone. In fact, almost everything I've ever done is available to everyone, documentation and code.
You can find it in the source of my canceled project: http://cloudmodding.com/zelda/mod/noname

To make it a bit easier to find my various docs, I put some of it at http://wiki.cloudmodding.com/oot/Notes/Cloudmax (the docs used for this tutorial is available here as well, under the "FILE SELECT DOCUMENTATION" of one file)
It's not the prettiest documentation though. just random stuff I wrote down as I was coding, etc.

Garo-Mastah
Member Avatar
$99 Ninja Spy From Ikana
hi, that I have to do for find the RGB values for modifing the colors of the file select screen, in hex editing?

also know how to cange the FSS skybox?

Taven
Member Avatar
Zelda and Nintendo Console Hacker
Looks good might have to mess with this later and see what more I can do. :D

Dzeko
Member Avatar

If you find any way to do this please share. :D

Garo-Mastah
Member Avatar
$99 Ninja Spy From Ikana
Update *2.5

GodsTurf
Member Avatar
Uhh...
Garo-Mastah, for future reference, coloured text makes your post harder to read, especially if the reader is using the "ZSO" theme. I would advise that you use the standard color text unless you're trying to put emphasis on a word or sentence. It could also come in handy if you want to color-code some notes, but otherwise it's an obstacle for the reader.

Garo-Mastah
Member Avatar
$99 Ninja Spy From Ikana
GodsTurf
Nov 26 2016, 08:01 PM
Garo-Mastah, for future reference, coloured text makes your post harder to read, especially if the reader is using the "ZSO" theme. I would advise that you use the standard color text unless you're trying to put emphasis on a word or sentence. It could also come in handy if you want to color-code some notes, but otherwise it's an obstacle for the reader.
*fixed
i didn´t knew

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Beginner Tutorials · Next Topic »
Add Reply