Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements

Welcome to Zelda64.net. Announcements can be found below!

6.26.2018  Make sure you keep your passwords safe. If you use the same password on here as on other sites, it is highly recommended that you change it. If you can't change your password, and want it changed, let me or other active staff know, and we can force a reset or change it for you. ~PwnzLPs
Welcome to Zelda64. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid email address is required. Your email address will NOT be sold as it is only needed to prevent spammers (and admittedly, some still get around this, but this makes it a bit more difficult, plus, if the moderators need to contact you, we have an email on file to do so). Thanks for considering us!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
[MM] Masked Quest Alpha-Beta-Gamma v 2.5.2; MM Proof of concept for Any% *updated**
Topic Started: Dec 24 2016, 02:51 AM (4,910 Views)
Garo-Mastah
Member Avatar
$99 Ninja Spy From Ikana
Hey guys, everybody are welcome.
this is my work-in-progress about the MM romhack, after of so many time, i finished and tested in emulator only, real hardware tested as VC wad. but i don´t publish the wad here, first ask me.

*NEW*
a bps patch is released for testing and play too, Floating IPS patcher incluided in a zip file as well.

a renoved logo with Golden "Zelda" Logo, and the "Majora´s Mask MASKED QUEST" Logo
Posted Image

Now with a new and recolored file select screen.

Posted Image

changelog:
Spoiler: click to toggle

**Updated - 07/28/2017**
Ikana Canyon
after Twinmold´s, you can see a improvised "stone bridge" in the canyon
the signspot that was into the waterfall cave was moved in the hut entrance (´cause i swapped the GF fountain and the Ikana Shrine in the first place)
new texts mods in signspots incluided
The Moon Trials
the big button is replaced for a Sun´s song ocarina actor in the zora trial and the deku trial, a song of storms´flower spawner
Southern Swamp
the hags´shop´s door location is fixed in the uncursed swamp to match with the door of the cursed swamp

Tweaks by me:
the uncursed places (Swamp and Ikana) has restored the cascade sounds
the damage to link is increased x2, beware with the iron Knuckle
when you started in a new cycle after the ocarina retrieval, the Kokiri sword isn´t autoequipped anymore, so the sword is in an access at the observatory sewers treasure chest

Fix;
the 3 digit normal waller digits are fixed, so it caused that the timer not appears

Posted Image

things to do:
make the temples are completed in reverse way, like OOT MQ
modify the shops
avoid the boss key skips
put more enemies in temples, as are made in the Spider Houses.

the romhack are used in Any% only, the work has not finished, until when it´s ready
always make a new savefile before start the game. please.

----------------------------------------------

*OUTDATED*

Download:
Click Me (Old)

due what the Adblock users don´t like adf.ly
Click Me (Zippyshare)

in Google Drive
Click Me (Google Drive (Thanks FGUG2021))

Hylian Link
the young Link´s tunic and boots, the Sash and the Hero´s Shield are re-colored to a yellow-golden color, just the Shield´s cerulean color is swapped to golden., color of the Triforce and reminds to Hylia.
the mirror shield´s image is replaced, as display list and also the GI image in from a creepy face to a Majora´s symbol.

Deku Link
the tunic, hat, gauntlets, boots, deku flowercopter petals are re-colored to Green what remember to Farore, the goddess of courage.
the "deku nut shield" shell texture is replaced by an OOT deku shield texture with the kokiri symbol painted in green also.

Goron Link
the loincloth, hat, gauntlets, boots, such stand and the ball forms are re-colored to Red what remember to Din, the goddess of power.
His attacks have fire powers and with it he is capable to burn enemies with punches and goron spike roll

Zora Link
the tunic bottom, head fin, gauntlets, boots, belt, collar, fins, the boomerang fins and a defensive fin, are re-colored to Blue what remember to Nayru, the goddess of wisdom.
now he is capable of freeze some enemies by his ice powers
the boomerang swipes are changed their color from the yellow (used in OOT) to "blue wave"

FD Link
the mayority of his tunic, the borders of his armor and gauntlets, and the entire boots, are re-colored to Turquoise because for his "Dark Powers" and what represent also the "Goddess of time".
his "dark powers" now are capable of damage common enemies and not only bosses as Nintendo thinked
the FD link, as i said before, is usable anywhere

By what, that is because is called, "Masked Quest: Triforce edition", the MM romhack i´m doing.

-*UPDATED 10/21/2017*- (Jungle Inferno Jr. edition)
available in ROMHacking.net
Click Me (ROMHacking.net)

Project64 crc

into project64.cfg, .rdb

[55B2CABC-928602F7-C:45]
Good Name=The Legend of Zelda - Majora's Mask, Masked Quest 2.5.2 (U)
Internal Name=ZELDA MAJORA'S MASK MQ
Status=Compatible
Cote Note=(see GameFAQ)
Plugin Note=[video] errors:day transistion (see GameFAQ)
Culling=1
Emulate Clear=1
RDRAM Size=8
Self Texture=1

Troubleshooting:
if you´ve experimented the problems, replay in this post.

that´s all

are you ready to try?
let´s go

"that´s the law of US, The Garo"

G-M out
Edited by Garo-Mastah, Apr 10 2018, 01:46 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Majora of Time
Member Avatar

Hey Garo Mastah I downloaded the patch for the game and tryed it on my android phone but it crashed on start. I don't know how to change a n64 file to a z64 file on an android can you help me?

Garo-Mastah
Member Avatar
$99 Ninja Spy From Ikana
Majora of Time
Jan 22 2017, 02:56 AM
Hey Garo Mastah I downloaded the patch for the game and tryed it on my android phone but it crashed on start. I don't know how to change a n64 file to a z64 file on an android can you help me?
uh, try to use mupen64++, i don´t send the original modified rom here because, is ilegally share original/modified roms, and that goes against the rules.

Majora of Time
Member Avatar

That is totally understandable and I respect that but, is there a tutorial on how to make a n64 file a z64 one instead using a hex editor?

Garo-Mastah
Member Avatar
$99 Ninja Spy From Ikana
Majora of Time
Jan 23 2017, 12:17 AM
That is totally understandable and I respect that but, is there a tutorial on how to make a n64 file a z64 one instead using a hex editor?
ah, yeah, i remember that there´s a tool named Tool64, that convert the little endian .n64 file into a Big endian .z64 file., search it in google.

Majora of Time
Member Avatar

Ok, thanks Garo-Mastah.

FGUG2021
Member Avatar
FGUG2021
there's another method to do that as well. you can look up "slimbswap.exe" or download Zelda Edit, and it allows you to swap endians (little to big endian)

Majora of Time
Member Avatar

I got the decompressed rom to work but I couldn't get the patch to work.

zelda5655
Member Avatar
project 3ds team leader.
I'm not going to lie Majora's Mask is a really hard rom to patch.
I created my Play as mm3d link demo patch.
And most people did not understand the process. :\

Majora of Time
Member Avatar

I'm going to try and patch it again.

Edit: Nope it didn't work just a black screen
Edited by Majora of Time, Mar 1 2017, 06:22 PM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Zelda Mods · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: