Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements

Welcome to Zelda64.net. Announcements can be found below!

6.26.2018  Make sure you keep your passwords safe. If you use the same password on here as on other sites, it is highly recommended that you change it. If you can't change your password, and want it changed, let me or other active staff know, and we can force a reset or change it for you. ~PwnzLPs
Welcome to Zelda64. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid email address is required. Your email address will NOT be sold as it is only needed to prevent spammers (and admittedly, some still get around this, but this makes it a bit more difficult, plus, if the moderators need to contact you, we have an email on file to do so). Thanks for considering us!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Rom size expansion hack
Topic Started: Feb 25 2017, 06:22 PM (1,819 Views)
GamerH2

EDIT:
Don't do that, if you want free space, you can just place anything you want on anime_model_static and anime_texture_static.
I made this before knowing about this sassy thing :/
I tried to do that for some reason, then i copied various zeros into the end of the rom without the size get longer than 64,0 MBytes, then i tested the rom on PJ64 2.3, AND IT DID RUN!!!
If you don't want to waste minutes of your day, you can just make a new file in HxD and click insert bytes with this bytecount:
1590B
And then copy to the end of the room.
I cannot guarantee that this is recommended, this can stress N64's system.
Edited by GamerH2, Feb 28 2017, 03:10 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

mzxrules

congrats on accomplishing nothing important

zelda5655
Member Avatar
project 3ds team leader.
yea don't do that I tried to port a model like that so many problems!
yea answer is it will run over 64mb but with problems.
even with a crc fix
Edited by zelda5655, Feb 25 2017, 09:57 PM.

silther

So has this been successfully accomplished before, like up to 64 MB freely usable without issues? Or are there specific complications in doing so?
Edited by silther, Mar 4 2017, 11:44 AM.

GANONdork123
Member Avatar
Retired Zelda Modding Veteran
The file itself can be over 64mb, however, the game can't call any data that is stored there.

mzxrules

The N64 can address up to 256 MiB of ROM, so I don't see why there'd be any issue in pulling data from a rom that big.

GamerH2

What i did do was expand the rom size to 65,639 bytes without passing 64,0 MB
But i made this before knowing about the anime_model_static and anime_texture_static's blank FF spaces.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Finished Mods & Hacks · Next Topic »
Add Reply