Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements

Welcome to Zelda64.net. Announcements can be found below!
As of 3.1.2017, this site seems pretty dead. Or on the brink of dying. So I've decided to try to help it out. Z64 is having its theme reworked to be more modern and professional. I'll try my best to get back into the Zelda modding scene. Hopefully we can get this place back up without the cobwebs (and without looking like a web page from the 1990s). Enjoy the current Zelda64 Dark theme over the next few days while I finish sorting out the rest of it and the Light theme. Thanks for sticking with us. Sylux102 out.
Welcome to Zelda64. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid email address is required. Your email address will NOT be sold as it is only needed to prevent spammers (and admittedly, some still get around this, but this makes it a bit more difficult, plus, if the moderators need to contact you, we have an email on file to do so). Thanks for considering us!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
Recruitment for a mod; Looking for experienced modders?
Topic Started: Apr 26 2017, 08:42 PM (1,920 Views)
Psi-Hate
Member Avatar
Average user who wants to mod :P
Hey! Listen!

If you've been on the zelda64 discord, you may have seen me rambling about starting up another mod. After the insane success of my previous mod "Four Swords Arena Edition", I took a massive break, focusing more on programming and messing around with some gamecube game hacking. Now I believe I'm ready to return, and I'd like to ask if anyone would like to join me in any future z64 modding endeavors.

Basically, I'm looking for about 2-3 z64 modders who are comfortable with a hex editor, have a decent grasp in general map production, and other minor hacking abilities.

The simple run-down of the mod I'm interested in is reminiscent of Zelda 1, and it's a feasible goal, for anyone reluctant on helping a project with the possibility that it'll cancel due to scale. (As in it's not something preposterous, perhaps the size of my previous mod in terms of content?) :smirk:

If you're interested in joining, please submit an example of what you've done before :)
Edited by Psi-Hate, Apr 26 2017, 08:58 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

AriaHiro
Member Avatar
A mentally drained friend
like I said, I try to avoid projects partly cause seen the backlash of canceled projects. and this happened multiple times so I'm not attacking anyone at all. it's just the nature of it. However I am going to watch this, Psi hate seems like a capable fellow.

Killgore52
Member Avatar
Map Maker
You know what, let me send you a resume of screenshots of my map (when i get to my computer) and you let me know if you like what you see.

mzxrules

if you can pay me $100k year, yes. More serious, main way I could help would be looking over scene/room files for errors
Edited by mzxrules, Apr 26 2017, 09:21 PM.

CDi-Fails
Member Avatar

Sounds interesting. I've tried a Zelda 1 sort of mod before, and it turned out being more of a hassle than I had imagined. I highly recommend a small map count (around six overworld maps) w/ maybe two interesting dungeons. Anything more would either take too much time or be too difficult to coordinate. If you need any help with music, map creation/importing, or graphic design, I could probably pitch in. Also, if you want community help, be sure to be open to suggestion.
Edited by CDi-Fails, Apr 26 2017, 09:59 PM.

Psi-Hate
Member Avatar
Thanks! It means a lot that all of you guys are really supportive. There's still brainstorming going on, and I don't want to make any major decisions that everybody else isn't completely down with, so I'll add the selected group into a discord server.

(Assuming CDi and mzxrules are down with it, there is two open slots available.)

Killgore52
Member Avatar
Map Maker
mzxrules
Apr 26 2017, 09:20 PM
if you can pay me $100k year, yes. More serious, main way I could help would be looking over scene/room files for errors
mzxrules knows with my maps there will scene and room errors lol.

Psi-Hate
Member Avatar
Quick update: mzxrules and Cdi have joined the group. If anyone else would like to join, please feel free to post what you're good at and we'll consider it. :)

Killgore52
Member Avatar
Map Maker
Did you get my PM? I can make maps, add actors, do switches, split a map into rooms, basic stuff for making a map. I'm considering to just keep working on my project but I would like to experiment with a different building style.

z64offline
Member Avatar
Empath mapmaker
I'd like to, but my computer is fried...so, I'm out of commission

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Mods & Hacks Repo · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: