Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements

Welcome to Zelda64.net. Announcements can be found below!

6.26.2018  Make sure you keep your passwords safe. If you use the same password on here as on other sites, it is highly recommended that you change it. If you can't change your password, and want it changed, let me or other active staff know, and we can force a reset or change it for you. ~PwnzLPs
Welcome to Zelda64. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid email address is required. Your email address will NOT be sold as it is only needed to prevent spammers (and admittedly, some still get around this, but this makes it a bit more difficult, plus, if the moderators need to contact you, we have an email on file to do so). Thanks for considering us!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
  • Pages:
SharpOcarina 0.82; A tool to make custom maps!
Topic Started: Jun 22 2017, 05:26 PM (4,355 Views)
Nokaubure

If you don't already know, SharpOcarina is an application made by xdaniel in 2011/2012 to create custom maps for OoT. I resurrected the project by bringing 0.70 and 0.80 versions with big improvements.

So, after a long waiting I'm glad to release 0.82 version!

Updated 12/07/2017
Download (+ source): Here

Posted Image

Posted Image

Changelog 0.82

Bugfixes & tweaks

- Fixed a bug where around 20% of the actors where missing in the XML files. Now there's all actors known by cloudmodding wiki.

- Fixed a critical bug where the application would crash if you change the alpha value of an animated texture.

- Fixed a bug where all vertex colors were set to yellow if the .obj came from sketchup or gray if the .obj came from blender.

- Changed the outdoor light option (again!). Now it has been moved to scene environment and is called "Enable lighting A-E", since that's the real function it does.
It's also enabled by default now.

Collisions

- Added "Camera Angle" numeric box. Use 0x0B for ladders, 0x04 and 0x05 for crawlspaces.

- Added "Ladder Top" ,"Crawl Space" , "Killing Lava" , "Jabu-Jabu", "No Fall Damage" and "Void" checkboxes

Other

- If autoadd objects is ON, the application will warn you if you place 0x0002 or 0x0003 actors with the incorrect special object.

- Added "Use environment 1 on all rooms" in extra tab. This option sets time values in a way that only environment setting 1 will be used.

- Added "Show Controls" in help tab.

Changelog 0.81

Bugfixes & tweaks

- Unknown fieldbox is now merged with outdoor light checkbox

- When changing outdoor light while N64 graphics option is ON, it will refresh correctly instead of being manual

- Reverb field is now correctly capped at 0x0E

- Fixed a crash when loading scenes with nonexisting filepaths

- Now when loading a scene, if it fails to open the .obj files it will try to find them on the same folder as the xml, useful for move XMLs across computers

- Fixed minor display bugs with pathways and additional lights

- The .exe file now shows the correct version

Changelog 0.80

Waterboxes

- Hold shift to increment/decrement size by 20 units

- You can now select and move them with middle mouse

Pathways

- Added pathways and waypoints

- All the actor features in 0.70 patch apply to waypoints too (+-20 units shift, stick to ground buttons, grab and move with mouse)

Additional lights (unused)

- Added additional lights (unused)

- There are 2 types: point lights and directional lights

- Only point lights are displayed in the editor. +-20 units shift and mouse control are enabled on point lights.

- They have known glitches ingame. Also, even if they are room-based, they don't seem to unload.

Objects

- Autoadd objects scan now triggers when injecting and when saving binary too

Room mesh

- Added animated checkbox. Warning: rom will crash if you don't use 0x31 scene function

Scene environment settings

- Splited special object and outdoor lighting options

- Added scene function, note that this option alters a parameter in scene table so it doesn't work when saving binary

- Added skybox type

- Added cloudy checkbox (only works with 0x01 skybox)

- Added Nightime SFX

- Added Reverb sound effect

- Added camera movement (currently broken, only restricts C-Up)

- Added world map location

Room environment settings

- Added fields to control the time

- Added echo sound effect

- Added checkbox to disable skybox and/or sun/moon

- Added fields to control the wind

- Added different fields to restrict link jumps and songs

- Added checkbox to display invisible actors (those that need lens of truth)

- Added field to control various effects, such as link idle anims, too hot room and ride epona on start.

Options tab

- Added an option to hide item axis

Extra tab

- Set default environment list values: This sets environment values to default (same as when you create a new scene)

- Set haunted wasteland wind values: Sets wind values to those in haunted wasteland, recomended if you don't want to mess with the weird wind values

- Copy first room env. settings to all rooms: Useful to set the same settings on all rooms by only changing the first one. Additional lights are skipped because of their weird nature.

Misc.

- Moved some options and added new tabs

- Changed application name and icon

- Added credits and special thanks to the readme (the rest of the readme is unchanged)

- Added changelog.txt

- Most data is inside XML for easy customization

Bugfixes

- Fixed a bug where the application crashed if you input space+enter in some fields

- Fixed a bug where some fields could overflow

- Fixed a bug where you could only type 4 numbers in room offsets

- Fixed a bug where spawns and transitions didn't refreshed their values when moving them with middle mouse

- Fixed a bug where spawns and transitions were harder to grab than actors

- Fixed a bug where the application crashed if targed rom was in use. Now an error message is displayed saying that target rom is in use.

- And some more

Changelog 0.7x

Spoiler: click to toggle

Have fun!
Edited by Nokaubure, Jul 12 2017, 09:15 AM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

X dude Awesome

At long last!

ZenShadow
Member Avatar
ZenShadow
Quote:

- Fixed a bug where you could only type 4 numbers in room offsets

Dear god, this sentence alone makes me love this even more and I haven't even downloaded it.

ChriisTiian
Member Avatar
Estoy seguro que esto serĂ¡ traducido... =P
Love you for this work, and thanks for the credits!, let me point something that is lacking on the wiki and in your program:

BMG -> Value 0x91 -> Play NightTime SFX.
Reverb -> Max value should be 0x0E or the game will crash.

Whats is "unknown" editbox ?...
This will be complete if you add a option to set the Loading Area Text and put Cutscenes!

Killgore52
Member Avatar
Map Maker
Great job man! You done the mappers of this community a huge favor!

Nokaubure

ChriisTiian
Jun 22 2017, 09:01 PM
Love you for this work, and thanks for the credits!, let me point something that is lacking on the wiki and in your program:

BMG -> Value 0x91 -> Play NightTime SFX.
Reverb -> Max value should be 0x0E or the game will crash.

Whats is "unknown" editbox ?...
This will be complete if you add a option to set the Loading Area Text and put Cutscenes!
There's a tooltip if you hover the mouse in the unknown field. It's called like that because we only know the default value.
Reverb max value, I actually knew that and set field "MaxLength" = 0x0E however does nothing so I would put a manual if to cap the value, thanks for the report.
0x91 BGM value, like you said it's nowhere to be found in the wiki so obviously it's not there XD

Like with 0.70, I will wait 1 week before implementing all the user fixes because I don't want people to download quick patches over and over, unless someone finds a critical bug that needs to be fixed asap.

Currently, the editor lacks 3 things to be perfect:

- Fixed cameras (no one knows how they work, and I only had 2h to research it. Without success I decided to cut the feature.)
- Alternate headers (while I know how to implement those, it's time consuming and I moved it to next release)
- Entrance cutscenes

Also I would add an item restriction editor too, while it's not scene related I already have a few things that aren't scene related so the more the better.

Thanks for the support people.
Edited by Nokaubure, Jun 23 2017, 04:03 AM.

mzxrules

perhaps 0x91 doesn't exist on the wiki because it isn't a valid value. I can't get 0x91 to play the usual nighttime sfx

The "unknown" seems to affect lighting. 0 is time based "outdoor" lighting, 1 is "indoor" lighting
Edited by mzxrules, Jun 23 2017, 01:56 PM.

Killgore52
Member Avatar
Map Maker
I think there's a bug with the fog and skybox settings. In one of my scenes, I do not get the blue fog that I had and instead it sets it to the default outside fog settings. Is anyone else having the same issue?

mzxrules

Killgore, try editing "Unknown" in the Scene Env. tab, and try changing it to 1

Killgore52
Member Avatar
Map Maker
Yep, that makes the environment work as intended. Thanks!

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Released Tools · Next Topic »
Add Reply
  • Pages: