Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements

Welcome to Zelda64.net. Announcements can be found below!
As of 3.1.2017, this site seems pretty dead. Or on the brink of dying. So I've decided to try to help it out. Z64 is having its theme reworked to be more modern and professional. I'll try my best to get back into the Zelda modding scene. Hopefully we can get this place back up without the cobwebs (and without looking like a web page from the 1990s). Enjoy the current Zelda64 Dark theme over the next few days while I finish sorting out the rest of it and the Light theme. Thanks for sticking with us. Sylux102 out.
Welcome to Zelda64. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid email address is required. Your email address will NOT be sold as it is only needed to prevent spammers (and admittedly, some still get around this, but this makes it a bit more difficult, plus, if the moderators need to contact you, we have an email on file to do so). Thanks for considering us!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Can Dark Link in OoT be replaced with a Link model that uses it's own textures?; Self explanatory
Topic Started: Oct 10 2017, 05:42 PM (319 Views)
VTNShade
Member Avatar

Is it possible? I'd really like to see someone attempt at making such a mod. I think it would be really interesting. I've been planning on making a fan made Zelda machinima show with OoT that's supposed to involve Link fighting different (Dark) Link like characters. But the only proper way to make that work is to make is so that Dark Link's model can be replaced with any model using it's own textures.

For example, I want to replace Dark Link's model with another Link model, but I want the second Link to have his own textures separate from the main playable Link's. Would such thing be possible? If so, how long would it take to make such thing happen?

Also, can the same new Link acting like Dark Link also replace any boss, mini boss, or specific enemy or all in the same mod? And even appear in the Temple of Time, without replacing the warp point pedestal? As well as anywhere else? Like Hyrule Field, Lake Hylia, Zora's River, or even Lon Lon Ranch?

I want know if it's possible to make such a mod where you can have Link fight any character, anywhere, and at anytime. And how long it would take to make such a mod. Just imagine, Link fighting Skull Kid, Ganondorf, Dark Link, Sheik, Impa, Zelda, Nabooru, or anyone, anywhere, anytime. Wouldn't that be cool?

So, I ask again, is this possible to pull off with modding? If so, how would it work, and how long would it take?

Side Note: Ah if only there was some sort program that can be used to make this such an easy task. And to make being able to play as any character such an easy task as well. Also, making the hud invisible without problem such an task also. Even being able to make new maps and editing actor models so easy within such a short amount of time. Imagine the possibilities! :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ZenShadow
Member Avatar
ZenShadow
I'm not exactly the best person to ask about custom models, I'm literally the worst person to talk to about custom models, but I unless Dark Link has a huge hierarchy like normal Link, it should be fairly easy. I would assume you just make the model, apply the textures in Sketchup/Blender(?) and import it. Or maybe I'm stupid and have no idea what I'm talking about, since the only thing I've ever imported was a crappily made sword. (No idea about animated textures.)
Edited by ZenShadow, Oct 10 2017, 10:57 PM.

Killgore52
Member Avatar
Map Maker
Dark Link has his own model, all you have to do is import display lists over his.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Questions · Next Topic »
Add Reply