Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]

Announcements

Welcome to Zelda64.net. Announcements can be found below!

6.26.2018  Make sure you keep your passwords safe. If you use the same password on here as on other sites, it is highly recommended that you change it. If you can't change your password, and want it changed, let me or other active staff know, and we can force a reset or change it for you. ~PwnzLPs
Welcome to Zelda64. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free. A valid email address is required. Your email address will NOT be sold as it is only needed to prevent spammers (and admittedly, some still get around this, but this makes it a bit more difficult, plus, if the moderators need to contact you, we have an email on file to do so). Thanks for considering us!

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Hi, I want to learn how to make a Majora's Mask RomHack
Topic Started: May 3 2018, 05:00 PM (254 Views)
Flexible edible

Hello everyone,

The title is pretty self-explanatory. I know how it may look like, but I am not trying to have you tell me everything I need to do without doing my own research. I have been looking through this forum and other places online, and after finding a few tools that I think will be useful (Scenetatl, SharpOcarina, Hylian toolbox), I am not even able to start to figure out how to work with them. My first problem is that I have not found any decrompressed Rom of MM, and I can't seem to be able to make NewDec work. Everything that happens when I launch it is I see a prompt window flash, and then nothing happens. I tried launching as admin, putting the compressed rom in the same directory, but nothing works and everywhere I look it says it's supposed to work when I launch it. If anyone could help me getting past that so I can get started learning how to used all the other tools, I would REALLY appreciate it :)

Also, as a first mod for the game, I want to try and make a new temple. I have seen a few videos about importing new maps to the game, so I know it's possible, but I was also wondering about importing new objects that I would make, say, with blender. If I'm not mistaken, it's possible with sharpOcarina, but if that's not true, can someone point me in the right direction?

Finally, maybe this is a bit too much to ask, but can anyone tell me what are the main tools that I will need to use (If the ones I named are obsolete), as well as direct me to forum posts or videos explaining how they work? For example, I know I will need to do a lot of Hex editing to mod Majora's mask. Does one of the tools I mentioned have that feature?

Majora's mask is My childhood Zelda game, as my dad knew about the ocarina of time hype in 2001 (when he got me my N64. I know, I was late to the party lol), but he only knew the name Zelda, and got me Majora's mask instead. I am really grateful for that mistake, because I love Majora's mask a lot more over OoT, and I think it's a shame that there is so few hacks for it.

Thank you all in advance :)
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Zelda Anime
Member Avatar

You can always ask questions to the modders who rom hack Majora's Mask. As of right now, I know little to nothing about OOT/MM modding but I do know that the best way to learn is through OOT's engine as it's easier that way but that's all I currently know. :) Again, it's best to ask other people with this knowledge. (I recommend MM hackers' Natsu235 and Dzeko who seem pretty open minded to questions) But I felt like it was necessary to reply with something useful since nobody else did and I myself want to do a full MM mod. :P
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Introductions · Next Topic »
Add Reply